Thursday, July 12, 2012

Am I too old?????

Blog #3

I really thought I was a saavy web user.  I was wrong. 

I work on a computer all day long and I can type faster than most.  My writing skills are very strong and I am pretty stree smart.  But none of that matters.

In late June, I made the decision to attend the Blogher 12 conference in NYC in August with my step sister Andrea.  In making that decision, I also decided to start blogging and using Twitter.  I had to set up a blog account, a new email address, a blogsite, a Twitter account and create a persona for myself that would follow me in all of these new endeavors.

The blog site has been an easy adjustment.  I just log in and share what is on my mind - easy peasy! 

Twitter - not so easy! 

While Andrea was great at giving me an intro lesson, I am lost on my own.

There are so many symbols and options.  There's an @ sign and a # sign but I dont know when to use either and I dont know what each one represents.

Sometimes I want to respond to what another person said but when I hit the reply button, I find that my options for response are limited.  And if I want to retweet something, I often want to add comments and I can't. 

Lastly, sometimes the conversations get confusing,,,,so many @ and # signs - I dont even know who I am talking to.

And then to top it all off, I have a full time job - following the conversations and the topics of interest are timeconsuming - who has the time?

Am I too old or do I just need a longer lesson? 

No comments:

Post a Comment